Tuesday 7 February 2012

Jordan, Cheryl and Some Football (American)

It's been an interesting week in Celebville. We've had Cheryl denying she emailed Harvey, Katie Price biting back at Peter Andre and Madonna being furious with MIA over an obscene gesture. The girls are sure as hell fighting back this week.
Katie and Peter
Are these real or waxworks? I can't tell...
While I can never say I am a fan of Katie Price I have to admit she comes in for some serious flack concerning her marriage. While Peter Andre is bathed in some kind of untouchable light, Miss Price gets many a harsh headlines (and if rumors are to be believed many coming from her ex husband and agent, ALLEGEDLY). She's been called all things from a bad mother to a loose women but it seems she has had enough this week. She released a statement condemning Peter Andre's story in Heat magazine. He painted her as some kind of obsessed, bitter women who would never be over him (a rather high opinion of yourself isn't it? Backhanded of course) and who was desperate to get back with him.
Why he did this interview doesn't really make sense, he seems to be "setting the record straight" an awful lot lately. So I have to say good on her for responding and not letting his "I can't tell you why we broke up" (don't worry, it'll be in OK! magazine soon) bollocks carry on. It surprises me how many people think Andre is blameless in HIS marriage breakdown. Yeah, I'm sure he didn't want to fame or the money. HE'S JUST A NORMAL GUY WHO LOVES HIS KIDS!! As Mugatu says "I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!" I hope his next interview is something as bland as "Father Loves His Kids." Don't think we've heard that recently.
I really hope this might be the moment when everyone goes, "Actually, you're both as bad as each other" and people will stop watching the next bloody chapter. Price needs to let it lie now, maybe write some more books? Oh, no she doesn't have time to write books. (Author of 4 autobiographies, 7 novels and a host of children books). I don't know why they spilt up, but I'm pretty sure literally no one cares anymore.
Another weird story doing the rounds was Cheryl Cole emailing Harvey So Solid. Apparently they were dating after Cheryl spilt with another love rat Ashley. Now magazine have claimed to have a media lawyer confirm the relationship by saying they are genuine emails. How this confirms that they were together I have no idea. Cheryl seems pretty sure this isn’t true and as Nicola Roberts tweeted maybe someone’s having Harvey on. With both seeming so sure they are right, it’ll be curious to see what Cheryl does next. I think he might have been had; maybe Cheryl’s taste in men seems a bit rubbish sometimes but I cant believe she would go out with him. It’s just like the time Gareth Gates denied sleeping with Jordan.
The big story of the week has been the Superbowl. I have literally NO IDEA who played, what they won and I barley care it’s American football. But most people seem interested in the adverts and the halftime show. We had the amazing Avengers trailer (Assemble!), the rubbish Ferris Bueller advert (no more days off now) and Madonna’s performance of her new single. A source says she furious with MIA who swore and flipped the middle finger. I highly doubt this; IF she is angry it’s probably because most post-performance stories are about MIA. I remember her swearing at Live 8 so this “OMG she swore” doesn’t wash with me.
I’m sure there will be more Price v Andre stories next week, and I don’t think the Cheryl emails will die down until we see them. Girl Power indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment