Saturday 2 June 2012

Super Diamond Jubilee 4 Day Final Weekend!

It's a big weekend in Britain. It's the Queen's Diamond Jubilee which means most people who sit in an office all day updating their Facebook status' have a 4 day weekend. On Sunday, there's something where loads of boats go on the Thames, based on a painting I'm told, which I'm a little bit intrigued about. Then on Monday there's a concert with miserable dad figure Gary Barlow and the oldest swinger in town Cliff Richard. 


Queen's Diamond Jubilee
One of the Queen's kids made this. 

But ALSO reality TV fans, we have the finals of The Voice and The Apprentice! Yes, we are finally at the finish line of 2 shows which have really underwhelmed this year. 


Ah, The Voice. So much promise, so much HOPE. But everyone was disappointed when the live shows came around and we found out none of the judges could actually string a sentence together and we wanted the swinging chairs back. While not a total disaster, there is definitely room for improvement and as they've already spent £22 million on it I'm sure they will be working hard to find ways to make it better. But who to win? Vince is a bit too MCR for me and I think Tyler comes across as really cocky. I'm also not sure what Leanne is doing there so that just leaves Bo. By default I guess. 


Over on Sunday night (why do they change the final day? I've never understood that) The Apprentice comes to a grinding halt. It's just lost some of its sparkle and I have to say I really don't care who wins. I'm even struggling to remember their names without looking it up. Nick and Jade probably shouldn't be there so I wouldn't be surprised to see Nick go first followed swiftly by Jade. Which leaves Ricky and Tom. Let's go with... Tom. I don't think Lord Sugar would want to work with someone called Ricky Martin. 


So, Bo and Tom to win. Go eat some undercooked BBQ sausages, find some bunting and raise a glass of Pimms to the Queen. Happy Jubilee Queenie! 

UPDATE: And I totally forgot that Big Brother 2012 starts on Tuesday night too! Yeah, I don't care either.

No comments:

Post a Comment