Monday 28 May 2012

The Voice- Semi Final

We are at the business end of the competition here people, the contestants get cut in half (not literally) and we find out who will be in the final of The Voice. We also have Cheryl (THERE'S NO COLE) doing a 10ft jump off the stage and Kylie singing a song too. And hopefully somebody remembers to talk to Reggie. 


The Voice 9
DON'T DO IT!!! Ah, she did.


This week I've decided to reduce The Voice Semi Final to bullet points of my observations of the show. 

  • There were still 8 singers left at the beginning of the semi final; that's why the shows feel so long, it looks like there is no end in sight.
  • So it was the audience who decided which act would leave; surely next week they won't record the results show? What if someone "does a Jessie" and gives out the result?
  • Gawd damn family VTs, yawn.
  • Honesty was the theme of this week's show. EXAMPLE, "I'm always honest." Said Jessie J. "I'm just being real." Commented will.i.am. 
  • Jessie said "We can't say 'that's amazing'" (when it's not). THAT'S ALL YOU'VE BEEN SAYING!
  • I think they actually forgot about Reggie and The V Room half way through this show.
  • I had a "Dope" count but it was blasted away when will.i.am went all machine gun and said dope about 100 times over Leanne.  
  • Jessie said "Bo... Selecta." Has it really taken up until the semi finals for someone to say that? 
  • Just in case you didn't know Tyler was friends with Amy Winehouse. I'm not sure it's been mentioned. 
  • I love Cheryl's new song, I think it's great. And I love the leap she did. Her outfit? Not so much. 
  • People were moaning that she didn't sing live but she did just with a backing track. Doesn't everyone do that anyway? Especially with an energetic dance routine like hers.
  • I hate her crappy salute.
  • Cheryl's words of advice? "Just live your dream." Cheers for that. 
  • I love will.i.am's moon walk with the Olympic torch. 

So on to the results show, and there were some massive surprises. This is what The Voice has needed. Unsurprisingly though, Bo beat Max in Team Danny and Vince won over Becky for Team Jessie. But how did Tyler get more votes than Jaz for Team will, and the biggest shock of the night was in Team Tom. Somehow Leanne won over the hot favourite Ruth. I don't think I even knew Leanne's name until last night. I imagine everyone thought she was safe, it'll be interesting to see how close the votes were between those two. Even Tom looked surprised when the results were announced. 

The Final beckons next week, with only four "artists" left they'll have a lot of time to fill. So expect lots more pointless VTs that I will fast forward through when I inevitably watch it on playback. 

Who's going to triumph? Bo for the win. Selecta. 

No comments:

Post a Comment