Friday 16 November 2012

The X Factor Blog: Rylan Spices Up The X Factor

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. I hate mash-ups. But a Spice Girl medley?? I’ll take it! Before we get to Rylan and his best performance so far, we had the judges trying to stick up for their acts. Gary was digging into Dermot because he was supposedly doing Christopher down week after week. To be fair Gaz, Dermot wasn’t the one booing last week, that’s the audience mate. Christopher opens the show with some kind of ten pin bowling inspired theme to Elton John’s “I’m Still Standing.” Maybe it was a slight dig at the judges but it wasn’t as funny as “All By Myself.”

As usual, Nicole is head and shoulders above the other judges
Jahmene was fantastic with his performance of Robbie Williams’ “Angels”. I really think we are looking at this year’s winner. Ella is nice and has a truly amazing voice but doesn’t have much else about her. James is not my cup of tea, there is only so many times you can pull at your shirt just to show us how much it “means” to you. Boring. I’ve also decided that “stripped back” is the new “mash-up”. Let’s nip it in the bud, shall we? Stripped back is another word for dull or not as exciting as the original.

We also had a time filling, pre-recorded performance from One Direction that contained the gruesome five some sitting on stools that sent under 14 year old girls into hysterics. Probably, I don’t know. But I do know that Cowell is laughing all the way to the bank with those boys, as bland as they are. The best singer and lad who seems the nicest is the one no one talks about, I don’t even know his name but when they formed it looked like he was going to be the lead singer. Liam? Yes Liam. The others are far, FAR too smug to actually be very likeable. Teenage girls hey? They’ll buy into any old shit (trust me, I know).

Anyway, to Rylan. Now that’s entertainment. The first performance I’ve really loved from Rylan, however that might be due to the fact it was the Spice Girls. Who hasn’t got a soft spot for the Spice Girls? But it had a sky dive and some dances so everyone was happy. District3 Vs Union J were in the sing off and poor Louis couldn’t decide between his boy bands, which basically sealed District3’s fate. No one cared.

Best of British? A theme they actually kept to. Well done judges. Well done everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment