Thursday 5 April 2012

Samantha Brick... How to Get The World Talking

So I think everyone has an opinion on Samantha Brick. On Tuesday she wrote this article on the Daily Mail website on why it's so hard to be a beautiful women in society today. There's been over 5000 comments on the story on the website alone and then there’s the awful lot of Twitter messages she has had too.

I have to be honest, when I first read it I was "Who does this women think she is??" Beauty is in the eye of the behold and all that but these eyes saw someone who was pretty plain, not ugly, but not someone you would not stop in the street.

People shouldn't be angry with her because she's said "I am beautiful." I agree women should be proud of their looks (whatever people think) but maybe be a bit less arrogant. The stuff about men paying for her train ticket, her taxi fare and a pilot sending over bubbly on a flight... Well. I'm not calling her a liar but... I don't know how to finish that sentence.

Some of the photos are fantastic. They truly are the naffest ones they could find! The photos are the reason I think this is all rubbish. It's just an excuse to get people to look at the Daily Mail. Or maybe the Daily Mail just hate women. I remember an article a couple of months ago about the sperm stealing women (she was obviously mental). What really winds me up is that these women think they are talking for ALL WOMEN. Let me tell you now guys and girls… THEY ARE NOT.

The other thing that I am annoyed at though is the sweeping generalisation that ALL women hate each other especially the pretty ones. That’s total rubbish. If at 40+ it seemed all women hated me, I might stop blaming others and have a good look at myself.

It's a difficult one. It does seem that this was written for the sole purpose of getting people talking (Daily Mail- the troll?). I can't believe she is that delusional in real life. It's nice she thinks she is pretty but shut up about it now. She also didn’t come across all that well on This Morning, most of that being the women who sat next top her was much MUCH prettier, and she was saying women don’t hate her.

Samantha must have been treated as some kind of princess most of her life, but people just don’t like hearing how FANTASTIC you are. They automatically will not like you.

I think the Daily Mail were just setting her up for a fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment