Sunday 15 April 2012

The Voice- Last of the Blind Auditions

So here we are at the end of the Blind Auditions. And what a few weeks it has been for The Voice. Ratings have improved each week and on Saturday night they had their biggest ratings to date, something which I'm sure will not go unnoticed by Simon Cowell and the rest of the Britain's Got Talent team.

The Voice will.i.am



The judges had to finish assembling their teams with Jessie J, Tom and Danny looking for 2 more singers each and will.i.am searching for 3.

There are a few issues I've had with The Voice, but to be honest it's just nitpicking. Things like, they've obviously filmed all the auditions on one day; so will.i.am decided to wear THAT jacket?? They do not want this show to turn into a fashion parade like the X Factor has among the judges, that's for sure.

Also why does Danny copy will.i.am? It really seemed like Danny was pressing the buzzer after Will out of spite sometimes. And does Jessie J know all the words for every song? Very impressive. But as I said; nitpicking. It doesn’t really affect my enjoyment of the show.

Saturday had a few stand out singers, but not always because I liked them. I don't understand why Indie and Pixie got buzzed. They said they wanted to be like the Spice Girls but honestly, I didn't hear anything amazing about them. They were slightly grating for me; I hope Jessie J doesn't select them to go to the live shows. I'm also slightly confused about why some people have been allowed to audition as duets.

One other flaw was when Harriet Whitehead sang. Danny really liked her but said he already had some acts that were similar. But what if he liked her better? Suppose that's all part of the competition. I think the judges really missed a trick with Harriet; they've chosen some acts that weren't worth it and I think her voice was distinctive enough to get her through the Battle Rounds.

With the other judges completing their teams that left will.i.am being the only judge with a free place. It was was up to Daniel Walker to convince him to buzz. I thought he was amazing, and again maybe if he had gone on earlier he might have gone through. will.i.am had a big decision to make, and it was a big decision not to buzz. It was a bit sad when he apologised to his partner and said he will have to get a job to pay the bills. I guess that's show business.

The most memorable moment came with Jaz Ellington. This guy left Jessie J and will.i.am in tears after singing Ordinary People. He really did have a beautiful voice and I'm pretty sure we will be hearing more from him. He convinced Will that he was right in not putting through Daniel. "Follow your gut" as Will put it.

So with a double bill next weekend (Saturday and Sunday night) we start the Battle Rounds. We've got the Battle Advisers (think mentors on the X Factor at Judges' Houses), we've got the teams and we've got the sing-offs in a boxing ring. This is going to be fun.

I'm not sure which act I like best yet; all will depend on how they perform in the Battle Rounds and the live finals. But without doubt, will.i.am is my favourite judge. He says some amazing things. The best?

"I don't have tactics, I have tic-tacs cos I stay fresh, holla." He will defiantly be fun to watch come the live shows, holla.


No comments:

Post a Comment